Responsibilities will include:
- Has in-depth understanding of the full software development life cycle. Deep familiarity with data & business analysis, along with modern software design & development concepts encompassing a range of languages & platforms.
- Can work within an Agile team to ensure that all key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, implemented, and tested.
- Can work on a collaborative cross-technology team where Java, APIs (services), PL/SQL interact with a range of business logic interfaces & systems.
- Can own small to medium scale strategic initiatives/projects, enhances process standards and best practices, and supports issues during UAT/system rollout phases.
- Understands business needs and priorities and provides thought leadership on potential solutions and the opportunities for technology to create positive impact on the business.
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills that are coupled with strong communication, anticipates issues, and deals with them proactively.
- Is team oriented, highly collaborative, works effectively to build strong long-term partnerships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across a variety of business and IT functions.
- Self-sufficient and shows ability to lead, given the opportunity
- Demonstrates a passion for technology innovation balanced with a pragmatic approach to developing and deploying solutions that best benefit the business.
- Nimble, adaptable, able to express ideas in meetings & design discussions, comfortable with ambiguity; course correct when circumstances change.
- Bachelor of Engineering / 5 - 7 years of experience
- Hands on experience with on Java 11 with Spring Cloud Microservices ecosystem (multi-threading, data structures, design patterns and OOP practices etc)
- Ability to Query Relational Databases like DB2, Sybase and Cloud data sources like snowflake
- Spring, SOAP & REST Web Services with on XML/JSON based data
- Experience with DevOps tools and Git
- Test Driven development (TDD) and experience working in a disciplined development environment
- Exposure to Azure Cloud experience is a plus
Good to have skills
- Business analysis – focused on investment management process and tools