Client Services Margin Processing and Control Team
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organisations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Client on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organisation partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
This position within the Clearing Operations Client Service Group involves interaction and coordination with our clients, our colleagues in Prime Brokerage and our global sales teams. The group's primary responsibility is to ensure that the client's Listed Derivatives and OTC Clearing settlement figures are accurate each day, and all client issues and queries are handled promptly. This entails the resolution of all trade breaks, the monitoring of all cash activity in the account and ensuring that the account has met the Regulatory Deficit on a daily basis. The business is volume driven so having exceptional organizational skills is a plus. Qualified applicants must be adaptable to change and has the ability to multitask.
- Daily client margin call issuance and margin processing
- Daily reconciliation of foreign and domestic accounts
- Daily monitoring of controls and validation processes
- Interaction with internal clients and stakeholders
- Resolution of trade breaks, commission breaks and brokerage
- Coordination and implementation of internal and client specific projects with IT
- Incident management, conducting deep-dives and remediation of internal system issues
- Handling various administrative duties
- Self-starter and self-motivated individuals
- Knowledge of Listed Derivatives and OTC Clearing preferred
- Strong control mindset
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Strong team player
- Able to demonstrate clear examples in previous work experience of where processes have been enhanced and optimized to achieve efficiencies.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
Client is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.