Role: QA Automation Engineer
At Client, we advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals, and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments. Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances, and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600+ offices across the U.S. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking Technology (GBT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm’s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. GBT offers technology solutions for bank’s Investment Portfolio, a multi-billion fixed income trading desk dealing across multitude of asset classes.
Within GBT, there is a practice unit called Core Processing responsible for building and maintaining technology solutions for mid-office and back-office operations and is steadily growing due to a number of integration and renovation projects. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, Core Processing is the place for you.
The ideal candidate will perform software quality assurance testing across banking product domains and is proficient with various automation tools and techniques. The individual should be highly experienced with functional testing, possess good automation testing skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure. The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, create test cases (e.g., unit, component, multi-component), as well as automate and deliver projects. The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high- quality applications.
- Work as part of a Core Processing Agile Squad/Fleet, on QA processes with focus on functional testing and execution of automation with various automation tools and techniques.
- Contribute to Automation Frameworks, and automate testcases ensuring comprehensive automation -coverage
- Develop utilities and customized frameworks aligning with DevOps practices
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate test and automation activities independently.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Record and document debugging procedures.
- Track test metrics, such as test coverage, defect densities, and open defect counts, to gain and share insights about quality issues.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases following company standards within required timeframes
- Perform thorough manual regression testing when technical issues are resolved and know how to automate those tests.
- Actively contribute and participate in daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Design tests based on Agile specifications for functionality and expected behavior
- Stay up-to-date with new testing approaches, tools and test strategies.
- 5 - 7 years of proven work experience in QA with an emphasis on QA automation.
- Working experience of functional testing in Investment Banking domain (Capital market).
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience in automation technologies including Selenium, Protractor, UFT, Junit, Gherkin, JMeter etc. and scripting languages including java.
- Experience in BDD framework such a BDD cucumber.
- Experience in services/API testing and automation.
- In-depth knowledge of test management software (e.g. ALM, Jira).
- Proficiency in usage of SQL queries for databases or large datasets.
- Expertise in working with XML, XSLT and SOAP, and JSON formats.
- Experience in Agile methodology and Devops with Integrating automated tests in Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills to work effectively in a global team.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based application architecture and principles.
- Prior experience working in the Financial Services Industry .
Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field