Responsibilities will include:
The User Experience Designer will be responsible for the research, planning, design and documentation of user interfaces for web-based, mobile, and desktop applications.
The ideal candidate:
- Is detail-oriented with strong User Experience Design skills
- Has excellent communication, presentation, and client management skills
- Is well versed in iterative User Centered Research and Design Thinking including persona identification, user journey mapping, competitive analysis and similar methodologies
- Has experience working in Agile development environments, specifically using scrum methodology
- Understands and has opinions about current industry best practices
- Has demonstrable track record delivering design for mobile applications
- Has a track record with designing fully fledged digital products, not simply static web experiences
- Balances an academic interest in best practices with tactical solutions
- Manages client expectations and own time efficiently
- Enjoys collaborating with product owners and business analysts to design innovative solutions
Qualifications - External
The User Experience Designer will need to be able to:
- Follow an Iterative User-Centered Research & Design Process.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary design team contributing to UX operational initiatives beyond the scope of their project work (design crits, design ops etc).
- Conduct User research
- Define/Develop Personas
- Create Feature maps & prioritization
- Develop Sitemaps & User Journeys
- Create Wireframes & Interaction Models
- Conduct User testing
- Deliver fully realized UI Designs
- Strong UX Design skills
- Strong mobile application design skills
- Excellent UX Research (Design Thinking etc) skills
- Strong verbal and written and presentation skills in English
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
- Agile experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Figma (preferred), Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, Axure, etc