Please find below details:
- Mode of interview – Zoom
- Rounds of interview – 2 Rounds
- Acceptable notice period – Immediate, 15 - 30 days
- 3 days’ work from office is a must and rest 2 days work from home, later basis business needs it can move to all 5 days WFO.
Mandatory Skills :
1. Hands on IBM Mainframe Development Experience
2. Strong IBM DB2 Skills
3. Good Problem Solving Skills
Good to Have Skills :
1. Knowledge of Agile way of working .
2. Mainframe Process Optimization
Job Description: Mainframe Developer
The ideal candidate will develop quality software across banking product domains and is proficient with various Mainframe development tools and techniques. The individual should be experienced with COBOL/JCL, DB2 including modelling and performance tuning, possess good problem-solving skills, and take ownership of items independently while tracking to closure. The candidate will liaise with global teams to understand requirements, develop high quality code, and deliver projects. The position requires attention to detail, coupled with ownership, to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create high quality code while adhering to development best practices.
- Ensure developed code is in alignment with system architecture and integration design standards.
- Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
- Extensively work as part of a global multi-discipline team (BA, DEV, QA, and Infrastructure) and ensure application stability and availability
- 4-7 years of hands-on development experience and technical expertise in delivering solutions using with COBOL, JCL.
- 4-7 Years of hands-on experience with DB2, including modelling and performance tuning.
- 4-7 Years of hands-on experience in continuous delivery of major transactional production systems; scalability, reliability, etc.
- 3+ Years hands-on experience working within an Agile framework using Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
- Knowledge of both the Waterfall and Agile SDLC
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience with optimization of mainframe processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of the tasks assigned and work independently
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Prior experience working in the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of CICS, REXX, MQ, CICS webservice will be of added advantage.
- Working knowledge of distributed programming languages
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.