Department: Client Fund Services
A major Investment Bank providing fund administration services to Hedge Fund clients.
The Associate will report to the Financial Reporting Manager, and will assist in the preparation of financial statements of hedge funds under US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS. The Associate will be a member of an existing team and will work with the team in providing timely deliverables, for the interim and year-end audits. The position requires strong knowledge in preparing financial statement of investment companies per US GAAP/IFRS, accounting skills and good knowledge of securities and derivative products.
· Work efficiently with financial reporting team to support them in timely delivery of financial statements to the Hedge Fund clients, which will comply with US GAAP/ IFRS, for both annual audits, and interim reports.
o Preparing financials from supporting documents.
o Preparing Condensed Schedule of Investments (CSoI)
o Preparing Statement of Cash Flows
o Assisting auditors and ensuring the smooth audit of the financial statements by providing valid backup data for every figure presented in the financial statements
o Analytical and Interpretational skills
· Team responsibilities include:
o Good communication skills.
o Ensure the financial statements are provided within the deadlines.
o Follow internal control policies and procedures.
· Ability to draw financials of investment companies per US GAAP/IFRS
· Ability to multi-task;
· Accuracy and efficiency in tasks performed;
· Client focused, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
· Ability to communicate effectively across cultures;
· Ability to identify issues and escalate in time;
· Flexible approach to duties and hours of work
· Relevant Professional degree preferably Chartered Accountant