Division: Internal Audit
Job Function: Data Analytics
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking/ securities/ investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations governments and individuals from more than 1200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity/ excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles/ perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Client's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises financial/ technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board/ Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Client’s internal control/ risk management and governance systems and processes.
Data Analytics & Innovation auditors assist business and technology audit teams provide assurance over the business process/ application and system infrastructure controls that manage business risks and are responsible for understanding/ analyzing/ and testing the technology controls/ including those over data accuracy/ completeness and processing/ systems development/ application security and entitlements/ production management and technology governance. Individuals are also responsible for driving process and technology innovation within the department with a strong emphasis on automation and gaining deeper insights from our Firm’s data.
Primary Responsibilities (Day Job)
Responsibilities include performing and managing audit analytics and reusable tool development projects.
- Understand project requirements, business processes and data sources and define project objectives accordingly
- Interact with business/data owners to understand business rules and write scripts to analyze
- Perform data profiling and identify data quality issues
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and present them in user friendly dashboards
- Maintain strong client focus by building strong relationships with Firm-wide stakeholders and identify opportunities to utilize data analytics solutions and tools in Internal Audit
- Educational & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- Preferred with MBA \ CA \ CWA
- 4-6 years of experience in related field of audit analytics in a professional services or banking and capital markets firm
- Certifications like CISA, CISSP, Python, SAS, etc, would be an advantage
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong Experience of using Python to process and analyze large datasets
- Strong Experience in BI tools especially Tablueau and others like QlikView, Power BI will be a plus
- Experience of using SAS, SPSS, or other analytics tools
- Technical knowledge of data models and database design. Understanding of SQL, Teradata, XML, etc
- Experience in audit analytics in banking and capital markets would be an advantage
- Programming skills preferred. Adept at queries and report writing
- Ability to translate complex technical data concepts and language into business context
- Working understanding of data protection and data sensitivity rules and best practices
- Experience working with global teams preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both, written and oral
- Monday to Friday from 12:00PM to 9:00PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA internal stakeholders