- Primary skills – JAVA, Python, SQL
(UI is added advantage)
- Mode of interview – Zoom
- Rounds of interview – 2 or 3 Rounds
- Acceptable notice period – Immediate, 15 days & 30 days
Java Full Stack Engineer
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management, and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology at Client
Technology is the key differentiator that ensures that we manage our global businesses and serve clients on a market leading platform that is resilient, safe, efficient, smart, fast, and flexible. Technology redefines how we do business in global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. We have a large number of award-winning technology platforms that help to propel our Firm’s businesses to be the top in the market. Our India technology teams are based in Mumbai and Bengaluru. We have built strong techno-functional teams which partner with our offices globally taking global ownership of systems and products. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of technologists working on different technologies and functional domains. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
Client Investment Management Technology exclusively partners with the Client Investment Management business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Client Investment Management (MSIM) Technology also provides holistic support and quality assurance across the suite of applications used in the MSIM environment.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively to design and develop a modern technology stack to power our digital platforms aimed unlocking efficiencies for our Investment Teams and Traders. As a front office developer, the individual will also work closely with the Equity front office team to solve operational problems and design strategic solutions to offer best-in-class technology to our Investment Managers.
Team Technologies Used
- Java 8+ and Spring Boot micro-services
- Distributed caching
- SQL databases
- Python v3.5+
- Designing and developing modern and modular thick client and web applications using best practices for coding and testing.
- Design and develop applications using Java and Spring Boot technology using best practices for coding and testing
- Lead and participate in Agile ceremonies and actively drive towards team goals
- Work independently using modern software development practices
- Work collaboratively with a global team of technologists
- Provide guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Manage communication and partner with our end users to design solutions
- Lead with ideas and innovation
- At least 7 years of experience developing enterprise-scale Java systems with Spring
- Demonstrated experience designing and building reliable, resilient, scalable applications
- Solid experience writing unit tests, component tests, and integration tests
- Solid experience with relational databases using SQL
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Experience communicating directly with end users
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with C# / .NET for application development
- Understanding of financial markets and various financial instruments with a focus on Equities